Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie recipe..

This is like a 60 minute, $12ish meal... and will last you a few days (or serve at least 6 people) if you make a large one like this...

Layer ingredients:
2 cans chunk chicken breast, drained
2 cans drained Veg-all [or something like it]
1 can cream of mushroom soup





Make Crust & Pour over other ingredients:
2 cups slef-rising flour
2 sticks margarine (softened)
2 small cans evap. milk






Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until top is brown.




Serve hot. mmmm.




Notes:
*This is the recipe doubled because we love leftovers [and this particular recipe is better reheated.]
*I realize as I type this out that I didn't use 'self-rising' flour and, in that case, I should add a tspn of baking powder.
*I also halved the crust ingredients this time, so it's a good bit thinner than this recipe would make. (still tasted awesome & we took in less flour & margarine... not a bad idea if you ask me. :)

Hope you try it. And hope you ENJOY! ♥

search this blog..