Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mark Batterson says Balance is a Mirage...

Another faith-hero...



Batterson's Blog and on Twitter...

Last week he wrote about balance and how it's a mirage...
...I know that some of you are getting depressed, but this shouldn't be depressing. It should be incredibly liberating. Leadership is all about making the right adjustments. When you get out of balance, you know how to recalibrate. ...

My point? Embrace the imbalance. Such is life. We've got to continually evaluate the tensions in our lives and recognize where we need to recalibrate. For me, it's been family. I'm scaling back my travel because I sensed an imbalance. So I don't know where you're imbalanced, but I know you are! ... ... keep reading...

Honestly this rocked my boat a little as I first started reading, only because I just adore balance. It's just so desirable and seemingly attainable!

But I get it, and I know there's a lot of truth in this wise post.

I'm going to have to give it some thought though, and maybe keep my responses between my journal pages for now, but I know it's wise to consider any/all imbalances and act on them, so here's to recalibrating... ♥

PS- another blog post from today about knowing your themes... Great stuff.. I thought this one through a little earlier.. Maybe I'll share another time.

PPS- One of the best books I've read happens to be by Mark B: In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day... I have it for lend, but Claire already has first dibs :)

search this blog..