Monday, December 13, 2010

scrooge subsiding


Confession: the holidays have been HARD for me these past two years (for good reason, I assure you!) .......I work in RETAIL!

Last year I saw it coming, panicked a little, then decided to make the most of the moments I wasn't working and managed to thoroughly enjoy the [Christmas] day off that I had...

This year I was reeeeally trying to avoid the panic-mode-part, but it came anyway. 

it's subsiding. 

3 mid-shifts down, 10 to go!

It's really not that bad. I think I've determined it's just that I feel like I'm missing out on all the holiday festivities that I could be doing if I wasn't working until 9pm every night before Christmas. 

It's a mind game... Having to work nights and weekends messes with me. 

I know what it is: I'm spoiled. 

I've had it so good for so long, I just get bent out of shape when this oppressive-feeling-change comes!

So here I go, pressing in, asking God to seriously allow His Joy to well up inside me and spill out all over the shoppers and coworkers I meet! (Come, Lord!)

search this blog..