Monday, September 26, 2011

Speak up...


So do not be afraid of them, 
for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, 
or hidden that will not be made known.

What I tell you in the dark, 
speak in the daylight; 
what is whispered in your ear,
proclaim from the roofs.

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body
but cannot kill the soul.
Rather, be afraid of the One
who can destroy both soul & body in Hell.

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?
Yet not one of them will fall to the ground
outside your Father's care.
And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 
So don't be afraid; 
you are worth more than many sparrows.
-Matthew 10:26-31

Apparently it's more important to please God with our words... by speaking up... rather than keeping quiet in fear of man....

Makes me think....

What's my motivation for speaking up?

What's my motivation for keeping quiet?

What has he whispered in my ear
or told me in the dark?

What needs to be spoken in the daylight
and proclaimed from the rooftops?

search this blog..