Sunday, October 28, 2012

Feelings waver. Truth remains.


I tend to like letting the pictures do the talking around here... because it's faster and simpler for me. (And because I'm quite pleased with the easy record-keeping:) But sometimes I do better to process with words, words, words -usually in a journal, often aloud, and sometimes... right here...

Each weekend #shereadstruth asks us to share what we're learning, how we're changing and growing through daily Bible reading and study, so my thoughts...

My number one:
Truth trumps feelings.
Every time.

Feelings waver.
like a ship at sea
like a kid in his seat
like me when I've made a tough decision.

But Truth remains.
It's solid and sturdy
and quite independent from my flimsy faith.

The truth is always true.
Whether I believe it or not.
And if I want to believe what's true about life and God and myself, I can't trust every whim of a thought or cry of an emotion that crawls through this head and heart of mine.

Reading scripture daily reminds my fly-by emotions where to go and Who to trust.

It steadies my mind on what's true and valuable in this world and keeps my heart from buying into every pretty little thing that comes this way.

I still get tricked and confused and off-kilter at times, but I know Who's got me and that He won't ever let me go. So Hope remains.

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1Cor.13)

search this blog..