Tuesday, April 14, 2009

speaking of stillness.. (Tues.4.14.09)


1933 hymn.

At BSF we sing hymns and I'm glad that we do.

It's a little more difficult in the children's program (because, let's face it, they're just not as easy to sing as the little ditties they come up with nowadays!).. but they are honestly a blessing!

I picked this one tonight.. a little stretch tying it into the 'aim' (or main-teaching) of the night, but it's what I'm learning and considering, and since it was my night to lead/pick the songs, I went for it...

These are good words:
1. Be still, my soul! the Lord is on thy side; bear patiently the
cross of grief or pain; leave to thy God to order and provide...

2. Be still, my soul! the Lord doth undertake; to guide the future
as He has the past. Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake....

3. Be still, my soul! the hour is hastening on when we shall be for-
ever with the Lord, when disappointment, fear, and grief are gone...

..just the beginnings of the verses... hope you like....

search this blog..