Friday, August 14, 2009

trees [do their job so well]..



Lots of contemplation happening this weekend.. one big thought I was having (while asking the Lord "how 'bout me?? what'd you want me to do?") came as I drank up the view of the trees... there's so many of them.. esp. at granny's.. they're so different and wonderful.. and I thought what a piece of work.. all they do is stand there and honor God with their standing, with their limbs pointing heaven-ward and their roots going down deep and even their fruit-bearing.. that could be a topic all its own.. what a joy they are just doing what they're created to do!

then I thought about the greatest commandment(s)... Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.. And the second is like it: love your neighbor as yourself. -Matthew 22:38

((wanted to refine this and give it some closure before 'publishing' it, but I have none in particular even now- three months later)) .....but, I will say this: every once in a while -since this day at Granny's- when I see a particularly lovely tree I think, man, what a nice tree and I relish in the fact that when God made each bit of the universe He said it was Good -even when He made us! -and I'm reminded not to make things so complex, but to be like the trees and point to Him, worship Him with my life and my stance (love Him & others) and then to leave the rest up to Him...

search this blog..