Thursday, September 23, 2010

Downtime reflection... (via Flickr)


JK Beach-visit 9/18 Originally uploaded by kimalford

Just re-discovering that I can blog straight from flickr... kinda cool. (I realized this once before when I had a Teach My People photo stream going, but it didn't stick)...

Enjoying a little more down time.... it's been a crazy week with Dad in the hospital. But as of today, three days and two stents later, he's home and healing!!

And Jeremy's been gone to Asheville all week (since Tuesday AM) for the Vineyard Worship Leaders' Retreat .... Miss him like crazy, but as he said on the phone last night, loving each other is so sweet, but it's nice to 'get it from the Source!' .....it sure is!! And I couldn't be more thankful for that!

I've been forcing allowing myself some good quiet / downtime this week, and it has really been excellent!

It's so easy to fill our days with what feels like love ... (for me it's messages, texts, conversations, and anything resembling a hug or a snuggle!).... not bad, but not what ultimately satisfies either.

This week I've been reminded of the importance of setting down the phone, iPod, computer, etc. and being still. listening. journaling. breathing. dreaming.......

It's kind of difficult to let God's love soak in sufficiently at 90 MPH. Truly, it's impossible.

And I really don't want to continue trying.

It's good to slow down.
Give, serve, cook, clean, work, play... and REST.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. -Matthew 11:28-29, NIV

Pretty sure it's the secret ingredient ...to Peace and Joy and knowing True Love (God's Love)!

Jesus said it Himself: Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. -John 15:4, ESV

......thanks for listening/reading as I reflect, if you made it this far ;)

Pray you enjoy some downtime too...... ♥

search this blog..