Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Love Wins.

These verses from 1 John, chapter 4 have captured my attention...
(10) This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins...
(12) No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
(18) There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
(19) We love because he first loved us.
In September J. and I had a sweet opportunity to catch up with Chip Judd (I blogged about a small part of our conversation then) but there's more; a lot more. And I've literally been processing it since then... Here are my notes from the meat of our talk:
Fear-- driven out by love
When we have fear, it's due to an absence of or insufficient amount of love.
(Does God love you? Yes. -Then what are you afraid of?)
God, help me learn to let You love me [rather than help me love you more].
We love Him
because
He
first
loved
us.
Normally we start with fear and go looking for love.
But it should be the other way around.
We should start with love
and go looking for fear
(to run it out).
The Designer's intent is that we live in a state of being/knowing His complete Love.
Do I do things to be loved?
Or do I do things out of Love?

---these words hit us hard that day. Like a sweet new revelation... like a secret we wish we'd known all along. We have talked, thought, and prayed that God would continue to teach us to receive and really know His love above and beyond anything else. I pray the same for you [and everyone I meet now] because His full Love is what changes things. It's what changes our hard hearts and stubborn wills. Love never fails (1Cor.13:8). {aka Love Wins}

search this blog..