Sunday, October 30, 2011

Walking in Freedom: Step one...


Pic from the art museum when we went two weeks ago...

We went to church last night since today we'll be busy with work & school...

After the teaching, during worship, 
I started thinking on and confessing some specific places I have yet to fully walk in freedom...

Broken shackles and chains often represent freedom from bondage.

As I confessed each thing and meditated on the reality of this freedom, this familiar image came to mind: broken shackles and chains littered around me. Each pile represented one of these issues or areas where I've remained bound... As I drew them in my journal they took different shapes and weights.

Recognizing our freedom in Christ is the first step.

Walking in it is another entirely.

Here's to taking one of those steps...

Have you considered lately all that you've been set free from? Are you walking in it or still hanging out with those old chains like I was?

search this blog..