Monday, January 2, 2012

Marks of a new year...

I love the fresh start of a new year, new journal, blank canvas... 


The reflection... 

The goal-setting...



Last year I knew I wanted to read and write more so I made a goal to read a book per month, and I did all right... I actually finished 9 of 11. -This year I'd like to finish 11 of 11. (I'm going to stick with reserving December for Bible/devotional month... it's less frustrating that way. :)

I also knew I wanted to do more with photography, so in January I signed up for a class, later bought my first 'real' camera, and the photography adventures just got better and better throughout the year. I definitely want to keep pressing into that even more this year. (...maybe by taking another class or joining a club in the area... we'll just have to see how that pans out:)



Another goal this year is to increase time spent creating. I've been wanting to start an at-least-monthly craft night for some time now... I think 2012 needs to be the year. 

And finally, I always want to continue growing in faith and love... BSF used to be my vehicle of discipline, but since finishing the track two years ago, I haven't been very structured! This year I plan to start by completing a Beth Moore Bible study and continue from there... 

I could probably brainstorm a thousand more ways I'd love to grow and change this year, but if I don't keep it simple I'll never get off the ground. So here's to realistic goal-setting! :)

 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9

search this blog..