Saturday, September 28, 2013

calloused faith


the busyness has gotten to me.
the lack of time with sisters encouraging me face to face, praying with me, sharpening me- it’s worn me down. I reach for Faith but her skin is hard and dry. 

here in raleigh I have grown and blossomed more than I’d imagined I could. more work, greater partnership, and all the more clinging to the Lord and seeking out all he has in store for us here. in these two short years I’ve found the feet of my faith. they’ve willingly walked in things I would have run from before. they’ve also climbed and strived. and in the striving, especially these past few months, I’ve grown weary. Faith’s vibrance is now dull. She is spent, and too tired to shine. In all her striving she forgot about the source from which her radiance comes. she forgot who she’s here to please. 

man is fickle and picky and demanding. 

The Lord is gracious, gentle and good. 

man wants perfection, proof, and outstanding results. 

The Lord wants me. Just me. a daughter. a friend. a girl in love. 


I am weary because I’ve tried to do it all and be it all. I’ve been performing, striving to please the man, and I am tired. 

Thank you, Father, for this time to rest. I need you. I crave you once again. 
Restore to me the joy of my salvation and renew a right spirit within me.

search this blog..