Thursday, November 6, 2008

29 before thirty...

my official list of 29 things i'd like to do/accomplish before i turn 30! (oh my!)

i'll put the green check each time i complete a list-item, so as to distinguish them from other posts :)

...(in no particular order)....

1. finish thank you notes from this birthday!
(kind of kidding, but maybe if i write it down i'll actually get them done! :)

2. sew-my-own pajama pants (5/14/09)

3. become part of a vineyard lifegroup

4. design & print my own greeting cards

5. carve a pumpkin & roast seeds with jeremy (10/24/08)

6. go kayaking (9/19/09)

7. get a 'just right' job (2/9/09)

8. pay off my vehicle!! (4/19/09)

9. take a photography class

10. get /use/experiment with a tripod

11. read in a pit with a lion on a snowy day and finish reading same kind of different as me

12. serve my family by planning an anniversary party for them (11/2/08)

13. serve Jesus by discipling others (possibly lead or co-lead the lifegroup with Vineyard; see #3) (Nov.-May, BSF Children's Leadership)

14. serve others by using my gift of hospitality: have people over on a regular basis -monthly.. in process..

15. write my brother Michael; send him the shack

16. spend time with my brother Gary, his wife Nancy, and his boys Dustin & Christopher

17. hang mirrors from IKEA that I purchased in march of 2008!

18. paint and assemble frames from IKEA that I received in october of 2007.. or was it 06?

19. write a letter of love and appreciation to someone who influenced me greatly

20. make my own costume

21. take kayla somewhere special
(i haven't decided where yet; i may let her decide)

22. make a recipe book -including design and sources etc..

23. involve my students in a service-learning project
(maybe send a care-package overseas?)

24. write a love-note to a dear friend who died in december of 05 (maybe give it to her widower; maybe not...)

25. pass the PLT exam and regain my teaching certificate! -(2/09)

26. do something worth-while with my teaching certificate!

27. visit friends in charleston, savannah, and/or charlotte (all three might not be completely realistic, but that would be the best!)

28. foster relationships with certain people at church...
intentionally get to know them for mutual encouragement and sharpening.

29. for the last one, a true challenge: give up plastic bags completely...
i've tried and it's difficult... you really have to assert yourself sometimes just to avoid being given a simple grocery bag!

.....as i finish and blog about them, i will link each to their respective post!! :)

updated 5/23/09

search this blog..