Sunday, June 13, 2010

Redbox movie datenight... (Fri.6/11)



The new Alice in Wonderland was pretty fantastic.

Stranger than I remember the original, but great.

My favorite aspect was that
although she technically was the 'right Alice'...
she had to sort of become Alice that could/would
slay the dragon and save the day!

I like it when he tells her she'd lost her 'muchness'

I sure can identify with that!
Sometimes I feel like I go seasons without a whole lot of muchness... maybe that's why Romans 5 was written!
...we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope... (Rom. 5:3&4)

Maybe we gain 'muchness' by being in over our head a time or two... and if/when we persevere, that's when the reward comes...


Another thing I liked about the movie was how her father used to say he would sometimes 'believe in five impossible things before breakfast' ....I want to think that through some more. I think I might need to practice some of that in my own life too.

search this blog..