Wednesday, April 10, 2013

safe place...

working on writing a little each night... to clear the mind, to pray, to share...

but I have this roadblock when it comes to typing in the blogger window. I feel the need for a safer place. I try evernote and a little private blog space I started a few years ago, but then I tend to keep it all in like writing a love letter and burying it in the dirt. what good is that? well, writing is therapeutic for me and that's why I journal, but sometimes I need to practice using my voice. out-loud-ish. so here we are: being brave in this out-loud-ish space.

made a new friend tonight. precious girl with a hard hard hard hard past. harder than I can actually truly imagine. and yet here she is walking and living and breathing and functioning before my eyes. (and this increases my faith. -in the human spirit and the God who created us fragile, resilient beings with miles of veins and gallons of blood and more minute details than I can fathom. all different. all lovely in some way. terribly broken but terribly full of potential for greatness and wholeness.)

I want to be part of this restoring that Jesus does. the way he makes life from death and redeems the most broken places. he did it for me. and for my new friend. but it's a process and a journey. it's not fast and furious like so much of life (unless it is) - usually it's slow, like wobbly baby steps or grass growing. always in process... so here I am, giving my words, my heart, all of it...

also? this is my first post EVER without an image. craziness.

search this blog..