Thursday, October 31, 2013

31 days


Believe it or not, I enjoyed the 31 days project.

I didn't always enjoy being stretched to write & hit publish when I felt too busy, lacked ideas, & majorly questioned my ability to write/blog anything worth reading.

But the everyday-part really helped push me past that. Even when I missed about five days in a row, I had a choice to feel guilty or just realize I could start again at any time. I could just lean back into it, and so I did.

Probably the best part was that at the first of the month I was feeling hard-hearted and distant as far as faith was concerned, but the more I sat down each night to let myself think & pray, even if for just fifteen minutes, I was recharged. It's kind of like the AA adage: keep coming back, it works if you work it. :)

search this blog..