Thursday, October 17, 2013

People-pleasing



It's a trap always striving for others' approval.

I'm back to school today and I'm already feeling the stress of making our room and systems just right. I'm wishing I worked more days and nights over track-out and I'm worrying about how I'm perceived by colleges and those who know way more about Structured-Teaching than I do.

But I'm leaning into grace and hard work that I enjoy. I can enjoy it when it's honest and sincere, driven by love and a desire to make an excellent space for my students to learn and grow, so that's where I'll lean- away from people-pleasing & stress, into trust & rest amidst the hard work.

Bondservants, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling,
with a sincere heart, as you would Christ,
not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers,
but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart,
rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man..
-Ephesians 6:5-8

search this blog..