Sunday, September 27, 2015

goal-setting with powersheets.

Here's a goal-setting tool that's been working for me (and many many others) --> powersheets.

I went through my first set in January of 2014 and finally purchased another set at the end of this summer.  I have found them to be practical and reflective - Lara Casey has a way of asking questions that help you dig down to the heart of what matters most. - Like naming your fears & what is and isn't working...

She also encourages us to make-it-visual (my favorite) with a real or virtual pin-board - ((here are mine from Jan.2014 & my current work-in-progress)).

The whole process is so great for me as a reluctant visionary - I'm a builder and a doer, and I don't always like to take the time to stop and plan, but this kind of planning/dreaming is invaluable - it helps me get to the heart of what I treasure in life (mostly God & others) and then figure out how to nurture and invest in those treasures.

I was going to keep this short and sweet, but I will tell you this - after going through the "getting started" pages this time around (basically the intro-pages, before starting any actual goal-setting) - I realized I wanted to join a gym and an in-depth Bible study, two areas I was readily naming as important values, but have struggled with consistency and growth. And, while my schedule may feel a bit tighter and stretched, I've had more joy (& consistency!) in giving intentional time to these two vital areas. Yay powersheets. Yay Lara! - "Kiss your brain!" as my coworker would say! ♥


search this blog..