Monday, March 19, 2012

first day of school...


Today was my first day back in the real world of the public school system... And despite all my fears and doubts and worries, I absolutely loved it. There's no doubt in this heart of mine that God made me with a sweet spot for little ones. But that's not to say it hasn't been hard to embrace over the years. Public school and I have battled it out once before. And I have no shame in saying I lost. Big time. But this time I'm older, wiser, and more equipped than I was before. :) Aaaand, to make matters even better, this time around I'm an assistant. :)


Today I was with the three-year-old autistic students. [Think of your favorite three year old with less verbiage and more sensory-overload.] Precious. Precious. Precious. I'm not sure if my assignment in this room will last beyond the week, but I'm going to soak up every minute I get with these little treasures.

♥♥

search this blog..